Friday, October 26, 2012

Jimmy is a resident of Booth Manor. I see him most days. He is always excited to see me. He points and grunts and yells a form of "hey you!" Most days he doesn't remember my name but I consider him a good friend of mine.

Jimmy walks everywhere. He turned 80 this year and he can still get around like a champ. There have been times when I have seen Jimmy out walking at 3 in the morning. He told me one day that he was in juvenile detention when he was younger. When he got out he had nowhere to go and he happened across The Salvation Army.

Jimmy has worked kettles for a really long time. Though he usually doesn’t make much money we hire him because he lives for it. He talks about it all year. You will be able to find him in front of a Walgreens somewhere in the city all bundled up and spreading Christmas joy over the next few months.

We love you Jimmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment