Sunday, September 9, 2012

Today was the first Sunday back with community dinners. Met a guy who was a merchant marine for most his life. He has been all over the world. I asked him a lot of questions like the most beautiful place he had ever been. He said the Solomon Islands. I asked if he had ever been robbed by pirates he said no because they always had lots of guns. There was also a group of homeless guys there. They seemed to be traveling together and taking care of each other. One of them had an awesome old Panasonic boom box. At one point he lectured some of the other guys in the group for not cleaning up their places. We sang happy birthday to Jimmy who turned 80 today. I see Jimmy almost everyday in the neighborhood. He walks everywhere and is always happy to see me and I him.

No comments:

Post a Comment