Wednesday, July 18, 2012

all the single ladies

Well it is official. Temple Gardens has 6 beautiful hens aka "the single ladies." Yesterday our copy repair man Bill came out to fix some copying issues for us. While chatting with him I explained we had just bought some chickens. He was very surprised to hear that we would be raising chickens in the city and asked if I could show him. I brought him across Arsenal to Temple Gardens and showed him our birds. He gave me some pointers and advice as he also raises chickens at his home (not in the city.) He was very interested and excited about how we will be bringing our neighborhood youth into Temple Gardens to teach and let them experience a little bit of wilderness up close and personal. Bill offered to help out if we need it and invited me to come and check out his coop. I am looking forward to the potential these birds will bring as I continue to connect with my community. May God bless our efforts. May Your Kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great story. Some chickens, Bill, the kids in the neighborhood. Yes, this is a sign of the kingdom.

    ReplyDelete